Saturday, September 26, 2009

Acme Co. Chipmunk Confiner

Holey Cat Crap!!! Who would have thought that it would take Less time for my Acme Co. order to ARRIVE than it took me to get into the thing. It took me centuries to finally get through all that cardboard. My gums and nails are still tender from the scratching, gnawing, and chewing. The stupid box kept sliding on the slick floor. Then there was the TAPE. It got stuck to my whiskers and fur. I had a long strip pulled off and... that attached itself to my PAW. I ran and raced around which caused it to CHASE me. Stuck to me like a tick, it was. Dad finally came to my rescue. Now, I not only have sore paws... I have one with much less hair on it. I was beginning to think that the Acme Co. must have employed a herd of Chipmunks in their shipping department. I had to take a nap and I dreamed about a huge warehouse full of Rodent Reduction products waiting to be shipped. There were Chipmunks ... EVERYWHERE... and they were getting orders ready to go out. BUTT not until those Crazed Chipsters had Booby Trapped the boxes. I woke up panting and shivering.

After a long drink of cool water and a couple of snacks, I started in on MY BOX again. Dachshunds NEVER give up. It still took another 4 or 5 weeks to get it all opened, butt I finally succeed!!!

Of course, nothing is EVER EASY. There was a HUGE instruction booklet that had to be read before use. And all of the government warnings.... you would not believe all of those. Stuff like... Not intended for use by those planning to start a Chipmunk Breeding Program. OMD As if that is likely to happen. Are those people out of their hole digging minds?????
Oh yes and you will love THIS warning.... Do NOT approach the Chipmunk Confiner while still in its UPRIGHT position. This may result in any Chipmunks in the area retreating and possibly even RELOCATING to a different place entirely. DUH That is what I ordered the thing for in the first place.




7 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Frankie!
Opening packages is not easy, right?
That Chipmunk Confiner looks very interesting!
Are you ready to get them??
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Frankie
That gadget looks quite interesting. We can't wait to see how many of the little critters you catch.
Love Ruby & Penny

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Yes, Yes, and Yes. I never realized how hard it would be to get that box opened. Mom uses sharp cutty things, butt I am not allowed to touch those.
I am big time ready to find the first Monk in the confiner.
There are MILLIONS of them in my yard. I am sure I'll be able to make a BIG dent in their population. I'll let you know. Mom has made me a very much big promise that she will take pictures.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

So, how's the khatchin' goin'?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Nothing in the trap so far, Khyra. Dad says I have to be patient. He also said that I have to quit checking it every 10 mins.. I'm not very good at that stuff.

Taffy said...

Did you put something in there to lure them in? I don't know what those monks eat. OH, I have an idea. Put something in there that smells good to them and then you hide under the confiner! You would be able to just snatch em up then!
Snuggles,
Twix
PS: I only have squirrels around me but I live in the city.

Taffy said...

Oops, forgot...you had me laughing with your description of getting that box open!