Sunday, May 31, 2009

Poop Deck !!

I wanted to go to my boat today!!
I had everything all planned out. I worked all day yesterday to get the yard and garden work all caught up so that I could gather my crew and shove off. Well, it poured down rain last night and the temperature is very much cold this morning. Cold for a dachshund that is. We are 70 degree dogs. I told my crew that I did not want to go today because the Lady L will be all wet and the air will be cold. I would not be able to send SALTY DAWG off on shore patrol because he gets all wet and then "he" will be cold and wanting to sit on my mom's lap. She would then get wet and cold. Poop Deck Poop Deck. I am allowed to say that because it is a real nautical thing, you know.

So here are the orders I have given my crew instead. I am going to make the
COOK get into the galley and do some baking. We are almost out of her home made cookies. That oven will make my house nice and warm. I also want her to bake a cake and maybe even a pie. That will keep people busy for the day. Then TOMORROW.... WE WILL SHOVE OFF.

4 comments:

My crazy life said...

Hmm!!! Cookies and cake sound scrumptious. Sorry you couldn't get out on the boat. How's your mom? I haven't heard from her lately.

Alli and Frankie said...

Yummy - the smell of cookies baking! My mouth is watering! What kind of cookies?

Hope you get to go out on the water soon!

:) Frankie Mae

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Frankie
Sorry its cold. It's cold here too. Home baked goodies sounds really yummy.
Love Ruby & Penny

Nibbles Treats said...

Sounds like a great plan!

Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker