Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Happy Dr. Seuss Day....



THIS is a Walk down MEMORY LANE.....    A copy of our Post from 2012...  

Are You READY fur Dr. Seuss Day???

WE are...

Ernie tired to SING my PAWem...
We are kinda like these Two... Side by Side... MOST of the time.
I hope the Cat in the Hat doesn't come to YOUR home...
THE GRINCH once got ME (Frankie Furter) It was a sad time, let me tell you.
So Ernie and I want to be on the Look Out fur BOTH the Cat in the Hat... AND the GRINCH.
We don't want a REPEAT of that experience. NOW.... here is MY (Frankie Furter's) PAWem

One Bone, New BoneBy: Frankie Furter

One Bone.
New Bone.
My Bone.
Chew Bone.

Can I chew it by the phone?
Will I chew it all alone?

Old Bone.
New Bone.
I want Seven.
That would be pure Heaven.

Could I, would I, gnaw all day?
Would I rather gnaw than play?

I could not, would not give up my nap.
Not even to sit on my mom's lap.

I would not give up my bone to chew,
for somethingy like a stinky shoe.

One Bone.
Chew Bone.
Don't sniff my new Bone.

I will bite you hard,
If you steal my bone.
Go! Shoo! Leave my yard.
Get, I say. Leave it alone.

One Bone.
New Bone.
My Bone.
Chew Bone.

The END

24 comments:

My GBGV Life said...

Nice work boys! I love Dr. Seuss!

bichonpawz said...

An excellent post!! Well done!! Happy Dr. Seuss Day!

Julie said...

Pawsome poem, luffs it
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Cowspotdog said...

that was an excellent poem - well done guys

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Bravo! You guys are great poem-ers!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Outstanding homage to the great man of rhyme!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

easyweimaraner said...

that's a super bone-em I love it... it's tasty!!! .... I hope you were allowed to keep the gifts as you had to work for that green Grinch :o) Happy Dr. Seuss day to you!

My Mind's Eye said...

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!! FRANKIE MY FRIEND YOU ARE A POET BUT YOUR FEETS ARE NOT
LONGFELLOWS! THAT IS A MOST WONDERFUL POEM. I THINK DR. SEUSS WOULD BE EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOUR ABILITIES IN ODE TO MY BONE
HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

Murphy said...

That poem needs to be published! In a book! We love it!

Keep Calm & Bark On Cuz It's Less Than 100 days until B*A*R*!!

Murphy & Stanley

Kismet said...

Please return Christmas.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Excellent!!
Lily & Edward

Jans Funny Farm said...

Don't worry, we don't intend to touch your bone!!!!

Happy Dr. Seuss Day.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Yay! Yay! Bravo....love the poem. And My ♥♥♥Ernie!♥♥♥ sings beautifully!
Have you noticed Dr Seuss didn't write about squirrels? Just sayin'

The Army of Four said...

Now that's a poem I can sink my teeth into!!!
Yours sincerely,
Margaret Thatcher

Sketching with Dogs said...

Brilliant rhyme, love it!
Dip and Elliot x

Sheltie Times said...

A wonderful tribute to the Dr.

Molly the Airedale said...

Excellent post! Happy Dr. Seuss Day, Frankie and Ernie!

C.L.W.STEP said...

BOL BOL! What a great story!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Frankie - that is a pawesome poem!!! You did a great job.

A great day to be Seussical!

Happy Dr. Seuss Day!!!

Woos - Ciara and Lightning

Ruby said...

WoooooHoooooo!!!!!! that was PAWSOME guys!!!! A big Horton's WHO to you TWO!!!! hehehehe
Happy Burthday Dr. Seuss!!!
Kisses,
Ruby ♥
pees: do margaritas go with green eggs and ham?????? just askin'....☺

Anonymous said...

What a great poem! And what an awesome shirt! Dr. Seuss would be proud!

Love and licks,
Cupcake

pilch92 said...

Very cute post. Happy Belated Dr. Seuss Day!

Scooter said...

Hey FnE!
Wow, bravo on the cool Seuss post! I was busy with Commish stuffs and totally missed it. Dang. Well, this was great...love the poem!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Police Commish

M. K. Clinton said...

We are standing up and cheering for your paw-em! That was incredible. I did not know that the Grinch tried to make you into a spare Max! How terrier-fying!