Wednesday, April 21, 2010

BROWN NOSE

Soooo like I was telling you yesterday, ya gotta have a BROWN NOSE to make this gardening thingy work. I think it doesn't even hurt to have a little of it on your Head and Ears either, just to be on the safe side. After all that planting yesterday... I got up this morning thinking that I would have a big mess of blueberries for my breakfast. NOPE... didn't happen. I was really scared and screamed for DAAAAAAAAAAAAAD !!! Where the Cat Crap are my blueberries???? Does this mean that my nose wasn't BROWN enough??? Butt then dad splained to me that it will take about 87 days for them to be there and ready for me to eat. WHEW!!!

So since I have some time on my paws... I decided to follow Remington's Example and give my Blueberry plants NAMES... It didn't take long.. That is a Dachshund Pun, BTW. Since there are THREE of them.... I decided to name them Ruby Penny and Frankie. Ruby is closest to the Garden, Frankie is in the Middle, and Penny is closest to the walnut tree.
This one is PENNY.
I thought those were very much GRRREAT names.
This one is RUBY.

I can't wait until the BLUEBERRIES are ready to pick and eat. I think they will be yummy.

Now YESTERDAY that funny Remington (who has TOYS named after him) just cracked me up with his comment asking if I had a GREEN T H U M B. I rolled and rolled all over the floor after that one. He is such a card. Green THUMB... ha ha BOL BOL.
I mean really, only stupid two leggers have those silly things. That's why WE need Brown Noses to be grrreat gardeners.
OH Remington, you are just a TREASURE!!
PeeS...Today will be the furst time this year that I get to go to MY BOAT!!! They called from the marina and said the Lady L is back at my dock. YEAH!!! So I told my dad to get the gas and battery, and make mom get the life jackets and fix my lunch... Cap'n Frankie is back in COMMAND.




20 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

87 days is a long time to wait for something so yummy!

Ruby and Penny said...

Morning Cap'n Frankie
You are looking extra adorable this morning.
Thanks for naming your blueberries after us.
Have a safe voyage.
Love ya
Ruby & Penny

3 doxies said...

What genious names you named your blueberry bushes.
It quite allright to get dirt all overs you as long as you don't snort it ups your nose like me...it tickles then mum has to clean my nose out.
Remington is a character, he always cracks me up.
Be real careful out on da boat.
Puddles

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

you will really love those blueberries late summer!

houndstooth said...

Have fun on the boat and enjoy those blueberries!

Bunny

Anonymous said...

Hi Frankie! Guess what? I'm back! Yippee!

You did a very great job of helping to plant those blueberry trees. I told my mom about it and she was very much surprised cuz she thought they just came in a bag in the store.

Oh, and those are Most Wonderful names you gave your blueberry trees!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Happy sailing, Frankie - hope you have a smooth ride. Mom gave Ciara a blueberry this morning. It is the first thing she didn't swallow without chewing and savoring - she downs her food in a nanosecond. She wasn't sure about this little blue orb. She took it to her bed and examined it, rolled it around a bit, then finally swallowed. She looked up at Mom with that "I want some more" look.

Hope the three plants produce lots of berries for you.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Scooter said...

Hey Frankie
That was neat of you to name the plants after your girls, how sweet. I am sure they will produce lots of blueberries although 87 days is a long timr to wait. Have fun on the boat!!

Wags
Jazzi

Remington said...

I didn't know we didn't have thumbs....okay so it's brown noses we have....got it! I'm learning! Thanks Frankie!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Mmmm, blueberries!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We khan't wait to see how well your offspring do!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I found out on today's walk the Frankie Dog that barks past us in the Explorer is BOOMER!

Alli and Frankie said...

So excited that you get to set sail, Captain! :)

kissa-bull said...

aye cap'n frankie are you any relation to cap'n crunch??
maybe you can sail to galveston and we can have a play date

pibble wiggles
the pittie pack

Sandra said...

Frankie, those are great names and you are really showing you are quite the renaissance doggy. We like it! Also great that you are getting out on the boat. Does that mean we get to call you Skipper Frankie from now on? I think it suits you.

Flash, Alven and Dottie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Frankie!
I am sorry about your berries. 87 days?? Well... time flies, don't worry!
Guess what? My mom is going to plant a tree in the garden at her work. They have this program called "Adopt a tree". She chose a lemon. I am going to tell her about your brown nose technique...
I can see happy sailing time ahead for you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Sam said...

Aw, that picture of you with your tongue out waiting for your blueberries is adorable. I hope Frankie, Ruby and Penny grow up into big plants with lots of fruit!

Unknown said...

Ahoy Matey! Captain Frankie need a mate! I know you would love ruby and Penny but I can swim like a fish! And I can talk like an arg pirate

frogleg seadog norwood

Lucy-Fur, as typed by Dr. Liz said...

87 days? That's like FOREVER!!! Because my Mom has a toxic thumb, our blueberries just come from the grocery store...

*kissey face*
-Fiona

Smushie Ranch said...

Frankie! Our daddy has acres and acres of blueberries. Sometimes he has to get up at 1 and 2 in the morning to go protect them against the frost. Wish we could send you some.

Stella, Gunther and Betty

Anonymous said...

Brown nosed Cap'n Frankie back in command, at last! I'm anxious to see what new worlds you discover. Of course I could have guessed what you'd name your bushes ;)
Twinkie