Tuesday, August 11, 2009

getting ready for the LUAU

Wowie, where did that whole year go?? It is almost time for another Annual Burr Oak Lake LUAU. I love it. Mom and dad decorate my boat all up. She looks super like that. Well, just for that one afternoon. It wouldn't be good to keep her dressed up the rest of the time.
Mom went with the Ranger Ladies yesterday. I didn't get to go. It was tooooo hot. I don't know what all they bought butt I HOPE there was some cheese in there somewhere.
There will be a pig roast, corn on the cob, and fruit salad. I like all that stuff a lot... butt as you know... cheese is my favorite. I may just have mom pace up some for me JUST IN CASE.
There will be lots of games for kids to play. Mom bought a pineapple. She will have a ring toss game using that.
And that is just the beginning of the fun. Dad takes people for FREE rides on my boat. It is a very much wonderful thing for us to do. Some people have never been out on the lake. They never get to see all of the really pretty places. We always HOPE that at least one "cruise" will bet to see a deer or beaver or loon or great blue heron.... and now !! We can even hope that the Bald Eagle will make an flight for them to see.

So, if you would like to come to the LUAU. Meet me at the Beach 1:00 on Saturday Aug. 15th.. Free Food and Fun.... and some quality time with ME !!!
Pee S. Bring your lawn chairs and cold drinks.

4 comments:

Nibbles Treats said...

Wow! Sounds like fun! Our mom is going to a luau just for pugs in October. Your luau sounds great. Stay out of the sun!

Lots of treats,
Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Hi T. O. & T., Soooo good to hear from you all.
OOOOOH a SPECIAL Luau.
My mom went to one of those once. It was on a beach in Hawaii and it was Christmas Eve. She says that there was a specially trained(5 years worth) lady who wore a gorgeous white gown and danced the story of the Nativity. Woooo Hooo. They only do it that one special night each year.
Because we help with the Luau, we get a special picnic table that is in the shade. Of course there is a canopy on my boat. Too much sun is not good for ANYONE. Thanks for reminding everyone of that.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'd love to khome but my Xterra will be transporting four furry khool khanines!

Have some yummies fur me please!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Okay Khyra, Will do just for you. he he he