Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chapter 5 Vacula the Vicious


Chapter 5

The silence was almost as troubling as the deafening racket that Vacula created. The airwaves were as empty as the living room floor. Every one of my toys were gone. When you are a very small dachshund you have few possessions in this world. You cannot imagine how devastated I felt. I had been terrorized by Vacula’s attack and feared for my life. Then I find that I have nothing left to play with or to draw comfort from. Worry and depression set upon me like a hawk on a sparrow.
I jumped into my ‘cliner chair and rolled into a miserable ball. I was so miserable that I couldn’t even escape into a safe and rejuvenating nap. I wanted mom or dad to sit with me but they were as absent as my toys. I couldn’t even bring myself to search for them. Vacula and my loss had taken a toll on me.
I must have stayed that way for hours, days maybe. Finally thirst drove me to move. I couldn’t stand it any longer. I carefully and quietly left my chair and headed down the hall to my room. I hoped that Vacula hadn’t emptied my water bowl while on his rampage. I kept checking my buttside to be sure Vacula hadn’t escaped his closet again. I was so thirsty that by the time I reached the door to my room I was panting.
You can’t imagine how relieved I was when I found that my water bowl was not only full, but the water was fresh and cool. I lapped up the refreshing water. I began to feel better but still dreaded turning toward my toy boxes. That is when I began to catch a variety of very much familiar scents. I could smell toys. Not just any toys. I could smell my very own toys. I turned hopefully and was stunned to see that all three of my toy boxes were mounded up with my things. They were all there. And sitting on the edge of my biggest toy box sat a teeny tiny little dachshund that had weeee little white wings.
My fairy god dachshund had somehow magically managed to get all my toys back from Vacula the Vicious. The End


2 comments:

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Frankie
We're glad that the Vacula story has a happy ending. We were really scared for you.
Love Ruby & Penny

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Hey Girrrls, I am sorry that you were scared. I hope you will be able to nap today and sleep tonight.
Love, Your very much only
Studmuffin